Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fishing Journal

Hello folks I am Armando VIllarreal III, an avid fisherman who starting this online fishing journal in order to document my fishing outings and experiences and to keep track of the fishing I do throughout the year.

In addition to this I will post tips and humble advice on fishing and my experiences with products and methods used while fishing.

I will start a condensed post on my previous fishing experiences and then start transferring some of my paper journal experiences online hopefully catching up in a week or two.

Why a journal?

Many years ago, I would say over 25 years I made my first trip to Alaska and had a great trip. When I returned I was chatting with hunter and gun enthusiast extraordinaire Ed Beckelheimer and he told me "Mandito, write it down somewhere, because someday you will forget". Well as time passed, Beck passed on and I contemplated writing my experiences down but I never did so. Well, behold, there are times I now forget or mix events up or even combine them into one. I tell myself I do so because there are so many but it is because I am forgetting. So Beck, 25 years later, here I am writing it down

If this blog helps one person to find fish or to gain some knowledge in the fishing world, then my journal is a success...

No comments:

Post a Comment